Monday, September 20, 2010

Our Birth Story


So it started on tuesday August 17th, the Dr. told me I was probably already having contractions at my other appointments weeks before I just probably couldnt  feel them since I have triplets...so ever since then I tried to notice if I was having any, I know that every once in a while my stomach got really hard and it looked like the babies were in little balls but thats what I thought it was, when I went to the Dr. and explained it to him he told me they probably were contractions... so anyways back to August 17th Lori went to the Dr. with me that morning and the whole way there I was having what I thought were the contractions, I went to my Drs appointment and he told me not to worry unless I was having them every 10 minutes for an hour so we left the Drs and I told Lori I have been having a lot of them so we started keeping track and I was having them every 10 minutes so I called the Dr. on the way home and he said go into labor and delivery...so we turned around and headed back for the hospital which is right next door to my Dr. They hooked me up on monitors, took blood, checked my cervix and everything was normal, they WERE contractions and they were happening frequently so I didnt feel like I was over reacting =) They gave me a shot, some pills and sent me home and said hopefully these will keep the babies in you for a while and if this happens again you will be admitted until the babies are born...So a week goes by and the pills are working, I barely notice the contractions any more until the day of August 25th a little over a week later...I started having them again and the more frequently I had them I started keeping track, it was about 9pm when I told Rick I think we should go to the hospital, the Dr. told me if I had them every 10 minutes for an hour you dont mess around with it since I have a high risk pregnancy with triplets...Rick told me I should drink some water and go to bed (haha) , lol I wanted to do the same I was scared I would be admitted and be in there for weeks until I delivered...so we decided I should call the Dr. and see what he says...I called the Dr. and he said well are you on your way to the hospital and I said no I was waiting to hear from you, and he said you should be on your way I told you that...so we packed up the hospital bag that we just got done putting together 2 days before and got in the car, they admitted me right away when I got there and hooked me up to monitors and sure enough I was having them a lot more than every 10 minutes I just wasnt feeling all of them, they gave me magnesium and that seemed to slow them down for a while, they checked my cervix and I was only dilated at a 1 so the nurses thought they would keep me on meds and I would be in there for at least a couple of days...they checked me again about an hour or so later and I was dilated to a 3, they gave me a shot of some other medicine to stop the contractions and then all of a sudden I had a gush of blood they checked me again and I was dilated to a 5, by this point the contractions actually did start feeling a little uncomfortable and they told me tonight your going to be a Mommy and I was like WHAT?! We were SO excited to meet our little ones but knew that it was early for them to come into this world they still had some growing to do...I was excited it was past the 28 week point which is crucial for lung development...They called my Dr. gave me an epidural, and put me on some meds cause from there on out I felt great! I didnt even care they were about to cut me open...Rick was with me behind the curtain and we could hear the Dr. saying baby A baby B and baby C, they were all born a minute apart and they didnt cry so I got scared and asked why they werent crying and he said they dont, I asked my Dr. if I could see them and he said no, so before they took them away the babies Pediatrician let Rick sneak a peak of the babies...I fell asleep after they told me all the babies were fine and I just remember waking up in the hospital room in awe that our babies were really here! Jace Alan (named after my father in law Jake) was born at 3:53am on August 26th weighing 2lbs 12oz, Liam Bryce (who was named after my Dad, his middle name is Lee)  came at 3:54am weighing 2lbs 15oz, and Stella Lynn born at 3:55am weighing 2lbs 14oz...Rick went and seen them in the NICU as soon as they would let him and then I went in and seen them a little later on when they let me get up...I really thought they would be bigger, they definitely felt bigger in my stomach! lol They were the most precious things I have ever seen! Every day has been an adventure since they were born and there not even home yet and I know it will be for the rest of our lives now! God is SO good and he is SO faithful, we cling to his promises and have been closer to Him now than we ever have been! We know that our babies our in HIS hands and that He loves them even more than we do which is hard to understand...We thank God for the 3 little miracles he gave to us!!!

3 comments:

  1. Rick and Sheryl, I'm so glad you started this blog. Your little miracles are so beautiful and I will be checking back for updates! Keeping you in our prayers, Steve & Adri

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! I am so glad to have met and I can't wait to watch them grow into amazing people! PS thanks for the tears friend!! Love you all! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your blog!!! I am so happy for you guys and glad the babies are progressing so well! :) Love, Mandi

    ReplyDelete