Saturday, October 2, 2010

getting closer....pray pray pray!

Today was a great day! Babies are making progress more and more! Just in this past week they have made huge progress!

Jace was on 2.5 liters of oxygen @ 25-30% when I left today, hes making a lot of progress with his lungs! We are praying he keeps going in this direction. He stayed the same as yesterday with his weight so he is 3lbs 11oz. His feeds went up to 34ml and still the 24 calories of fortifier. Jace got to do skin to skin with Mom while she held Liam at the same time.

Liam is still on room air doing great! He is big enough now where they turned the temp control off in his incubator and if he does good they will put him in the open crib with Stella soon! He gained 20 grams so he is now 3lbs 13oz. He was going to town on his pacifier so they decided to try to bottle feed him and he drank 5ml...hes not quite ready but its a start!

Stella is still on room air and if she can get this whole bottle feeding down she can come home! The Dr. came in yesterday and said you ready to take her home? and I was like NO!!! LOL I got used to this whole NICU thing finally and now I have to take them home??? lol...I am scared!!!! Shes still so tiny, she just choked on her food 3 days ago, what if she does that at home!? She is drinking most of her bottles but shes stubborn if she doesnt want to drink it she wont. She breast fed for reals for the first time for a half hour her whole meal! It was so fun! She also did skin to skin with Mom afterwards. Shes drinking 44ml of food when she is bottle fed or when they put it in her tube and still getting the 24 calories of food. She gained 10grams weighing 4lbs 6.6oz.

I talked to the nurse tonight and she was the same nurse as 5 nights ago and she told me she couldnt believe the progress, she said there all of a sudden getting it, =) they have a ways to go and even if Stella comes home I am going to have to really trust God not to worry, the nurse thinks they will for sure be home before Halloween and that scares me now that its actually getting closer! I am SOO excited, and I am SOOO thankful for everyones prayers during this time, please pray they keep making progress and going in the right direction! Once again I am leaning on God for complete peace and guidance for what is ahead! =) He is SO good and SO faithful in all he does!!!

3 comments:

  1. This post brought tears to my eyes! I bet it was awesome to breastfeed Stella :) I'm so happy for you and praying like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cant wait to come home from Vacation & (hopefully) see Stella girl at home!!! love you guys <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Adri! =) Love you too Bre!

    ReplyDelete