Wednesday, October 27, 2010

2 months old!!! October 26th

**Today the babies turned 2 months old! I cant believe how fast time has gone by and at the same time how much has happened in the last 2 months! God has truly blessed us!

Jace- Keeps gaining weight and is now 5lbs! They took him off the cannula this morning at 4am and has been off ever since! He is doing really well and there goal is to keep him off of it...he is still on caffeine so coming off of that will be another challenge but we will worry about that when it gets here....the nurse said that she fed him the bottle tonight and he never had 1 desaturation while she was feeding him! He needs to work on his bottle skills and come off of the caffeine and then he will be closer to coming home, but he is doing amazing!

Liam- Also keeps gaining weight and I think might be bigger than Stella now, he weighs 5lbs 15oz! He has been off the caffeine for over a week and a half so hes already learning to do this all on his own. He had some desaturations while they bottle fed him but he gets right back up by himself and they never had to turn the oxygen up....if he can mature a little in his breathing pattern and get his bottle feedings going than it wont be long till Liam can come home!

Stella- We are having so much fun with her and never thought it would be this long that we would have her home without the boys, we cant wait to have them all together...the nights are very easy now with only one baby and cant imagine adding two more in! Tonight I had Stella in our bed in the inclined to sleep thing that she lays in to help her with her acid reflux, I went to go get something and heard her making some noise and I came back and she had somehow wiggled herself up and out of the sleeper and her feet were up in the air, I wish I would have taken a  picture it was SO funny! I am sure there will be many more funny times like this ahead x 3!!!

1 comment:

  1. wow...they are already 5lbs. they are growing! prayerfully the boys will be home soon! praying for your fam! love ya!

    ReplyDelete